Bharat Flag

Bharat Flag
Janam Bhumi aur Karam Bhumi

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sites

Buying a domain name and developing a site is easier than I thought. Even yahoo, rediff etc have services to buy domain names and host your site.

I bought my site from justhost.com. Using it for last 4-5 months. Their services has been good and prompt. As of now it just hosts static html pages. But I plan to build some business intelligence. I paid around 5K per year for this site. I am told by their customer service that renewal after 1 year will be discounted.

The thing I don't like about justhost is that they provide only RUBY, ROR (Ruby on Rails) and PHP frameworks to develop business applications. Yahoo is even worse, they provide only PHP. Coming from java/j2ee background, I wish they support at least Grails if not jee (j2ee).

For jee (jsp , servlet etc) there is a site called eatj.com. I can host my jee applications (war and ear files) free there . They provide mysql database too. But I read the free hosting is limited and eatj.com is suffixed with the site name. For example, site name would be like skhurana.eatj.com. This is fine for learning and playing around.

I wonder if there a is business opportunity for me as I can develop and maintain sites :-) ?



No comments: