Bharat Flag

Bharat Flag
Janam Bhumi aur Karam Bhumi

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Periodic works

We have to do so many periodic repeated things in a week / month / year that its easy to forget and skip. For example, every month electricity bill, credit card bill etc have to be paid. In Bangalore, if you forget to pay electricity bill on time BESCOM will disconnect the power connection without even a single warning.

Then you have school fees for kids, insurance premiums payments and so on. Having lots of work in office makes you forget these easily. I found a simple solution for this.

I have google account. I created events in google calendar. I get an email reminding me of these one day before I have to take action on it. So less chance of me skipping these. For yearly payments e.g. insurance premium payments I repeat the event yearly on particular dates.

And yes, I added calendar widget to igoogle so that I see tasks as soon as I open the browser.

Now I don't have worry about forgetting such tasks.

No comments: